21. The oranges taste __________.
A. good B. well C. to be good D. to be well
22. Mr. Smith is ill, so Mrs. Green is teaching his class ________.
A. in place B. to take place C. instead D. instead him
23. -----I’m taking part in the 200-meter race tomorrow.
A. Nothing at all B. Congratulations C. Come on D. Good luck
24. The use of satellites makes __________ possible to watch events ______________ they happen thousands and thousands of miles away.
A. it, as B. it, when C. this, when D. that, whether
25. -----How many people do business in your town?
-----________ great number and _________ number seems to be increasing.
A. The, the B. A, the C. The, a D. A, a
26. -----You left your wallet in my taxi.
-----Good heavens. _____________.
A. so did I B. so I did C. I so did D. I did so
27. With the horse ______, he lay on the ground, ___________into the sky.
A. tied to, looking up B. tied with, looked up C. tying to, docking up D. tying with, looked up
28. Can you believe that in _____ a rich country there should be _____ many poor people?
A. such, such B. such, so C. so, so D. so, such
29. During the examinations we are supposes to stay in our seats, keep our eyes on our work, _____ to anyone.
A. instead of speaking B. rather than speak C. and not speak D. but would not talk
30. Mary ______ to Shanghai tomorrow _______, and her plane _______ at seven.
A. will go; by a plane; leaves B. is about to go; by plane; leaves
C. is going; by air; takes off D. goes; by air; takes off
31. The photo you sent me always reminds me __________ I did there with you.
A. that B. what C. of what D. of how
32. “你认为他们会什么时候去上海？” Can be translated into _________________.
A. Do you think when will they go to Shanghai?
B. Do you think when they will go to Shanghai?
C. When do you think they will go to Shanghai?
D. When do you think they had gone to Shanghai?
33. It was an exciting moment for these football fans this year, ____________for the first time in years their team won the World Cup.
A. that B. while C. which D. when
34. We have worked out the plan and now we must put it into_________________.
A. fact B. reality C. practice D. deed
35. Rather than__________, he always prefers__________ at home.
A. go to the cinema; stay B. going to the cinema; stay
C. go to the cinema; to stay D. to see a film at the cinema; staying
On a clear dark night, you can see about 2000 stars. These are just the brightest stars. People__36__study stars
think there may be thousands and thousands__37__we can’t see. There are probably so many stars that it would be
__38__to count them.
A star is a huge ball of__39__gas. It is made__40__of two different kinds of gases. These gases are very hot. You
can tell__41__ hot a star is by its color. Blue stars are the hottest. Yellow stars, __42__the sun, are__43__between. And
red stars are the__44__hot.
A stars begins as a cloud of gas and dust. The gas and dust pull together__45__a ball. The__46__they pull together, the hotter the gases get. Finally, the gas becomes so hot__47__it begins to shine. That is__48__a star is formed.
A sky __49__of brightly shinning stars__50__very pretty__51__at. But stars can be helpful, too. Stars help pilots and sailors find the__52__spot the place or ship is in and the direction to which it is headed. In order to find their__53__by the stars, sailors must know__54__certain stars are in the sky at__55__times of the year.
36. A. like B. who C. when D. interested
37. A. that B. as C. star D. invisible
38. A. possible B. impossible C. inpossible D. perhaps
39. A. flowing B. cooling C. ci