文件 high3 unit14.doc
标题 Roots (根)
在本单元，同学们通过阅读课文“Journey into the unknown”和“Roots”，可以了解18 – 19世纪白人捕捉和贩运黑人作奴隶及虐待他们的罪恶历史。
“Roots” is a well-known novel written by an American author — Alex Haley , which was a best seller in the USA in the 1970s . “Roots ”is mainly about Haley’s family history , which covers seven generations’ history . In order to find out how his ancestors got to America , Haley did a lot of research and traveled around the USA and Africa looking for information about his ancestors . At last , in Gambia he got to find his roots — Kunta and a group of the blacks who were caught and sold to America as slaves about 200 years ago .
The novel also describes what his ancestors suffered from during the journey to the USA . “Roots” was published in 1976 and Haley won the Pulitzer Prize in 1977 . Also he became world-famous .
四会单词和词组：reason (v .) , roll over , give out
三会单词和词组：in chains , daylight , from generation to generation , worthwhile
expressing wishes , hope and desire
1. I wish to do … / I am going to do …
2. I want / hope / would like to … ; I intend / mean / plan to do …
3. I would do it if I had the chance .
4. If only I could do …
5. I wish I could do …/ I wish I had …/ I wish I were …
6. I wish you every success .
7. Good luck !
8. I feel like doing sth
9. I’m ready to do …
10. I would rather not tell you .
11. I have been looking forward to doing …
12. I’ve always dreamed of …
13. So do I .
    下一页